Lucky Little Learners Reading Centers and Activities for 2nd grade is an essential ELA resource and is part of the 2nd Grade Literacy Centers Bundle!
⭐️ DIGITAL VERSIONS OF THESE CENTERS - both Google Slides and Seesaw! - ARE NOW INCLUDED ⭐️
These centers will keep your students practicing their reading skills with meaningful and purposeful activities. These are engaging, rigorous, and hands-on activities that your students will be sure to love.
Are you tired of searching for engaging and effective literacy centers?
This reading bundle is your answer!
This 2nd grade resource is so versatile – it works perfectly for independent ELA centers, reading groups, ELA skill groups, independent activities, intervention groups, reader’s workshop, writer’s workshop, and fast finishers. It can easily be implemented with any existing ELA curriculum or program.
This center bundle is perfect for your classroom if you want to:
- Provide standard-aligned and engaging ELA activities for your students during centers.
- Encourage independent thinkers with direction signs.
- Check student understanding and ensure accountability with recording sheets and answer keys.
- Have centers that are organized by skill/standard rather than season or holiday theme.
- Motivate student on-task behavior through fun activities.
- Print centers in full color OR black and white.
- Simplify center prep with simple cutting and assembly.
- Have options with printable AND digital versions.
What’s Included in the Reading Centers and Activities BUNDLE:
- 40+ Reading Centers - printable and digital versions
- Common Core aligned
- Kid-friendly themes and clipart
- Full color or black & white pages
- Direction signs for each center
- Recording sheet and answer keys for each center
Reading Centers Skills:
- Monitor and Fix-Up Strategies (RF 2.4)
- Reading Fluency (RF 2.4)
- Answering Questions in Nonfiction (RI 2.1)
- Asking Questions in Nonfiction (RI 2.1)
- Determine Importance (RI 2.2)
- Finding the Main Idea (RI 2.2)
- Main Idea & Details (RI 2.2)
- Retelling Nonfiction (RI 2.2)
- Cause and Effect (RI 2.3)
- Describing Connections (RI 2.3)
- Nonfiction Text Structures (RI 2.3)
- Problem and Solution (RI 2.3)
- Unknown Vocabulary (RI 2.4)
- Nonfiction Text Features (RI 2.5)
- Author’s Purpose (RI 2.6)
- Information from Images (RI 2.7)
- Reasons Support Points (RI 2.8)
- Compare and Contrast Nonfiction (RI 2.9)
- Nonfiction Genres (RI 2.10)
- Close Reading Nonfiction (RI 2.10)
- Book Review (RL 2.10, RI 2.10)
- Asking Questions in Fiction (RL 2.1)
- Answering Questions in Fiction (RL 2.1)
- Making Inferences (RL 2.1)
- Recount and Moral (RL 2.2)
- Fables, Fairytales, and Folktales (RL 2.2)
- Character Response to Challenges (RL 2.3)
- Alliteration (RL 2.4)
- Poetry (RL 2.4)
- Rhymes (RL 2.4)
- Fiction Story Structure (RL 2.5)
- Summarizing (RL 2.5, RL 2.2)
- Character Voices (RL 2.5)
- Point of View (RL 2.6)
- Information from Illustrations (RL 2.7)
- Compare and Contrast Fiction (RL 2.9)
- Synthesizing (RL 2.10)
- Close Reading Fiction (RL 2.10)
- Fiction Genres (RL 2.10)
- Predictions (RL 2.10)
**DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE FOR A DESCRIPTIVE LIST OF EACH CENTER AND WHAT'S INCLUDED!**
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
Copyright © Lucky Little Learners, LLC.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
If you have any questions about this resource, please contact me at [email protected]