Digital Toothy Phonics Task Cards | 1st and 2nd Grade
Total Pages: 11,000+ slides
File Size: 289MB
Digital Toothy ® Task Cards – an original idea from Angie Olson at Lucky Little Learners, LLC.
Digital Toothy ® Task Cards are a fun option to practice and review phonics concepts using a device. Devices that are compatible with this digital resource are iPads™, Chromebooks™, laptops, and desktop computers.
There are 70+ different phonics sets included in this bundle. Each phonics concept includes 24-26 different problems. These digital phonics task cards are self-correcting and self-paced. They provide a fun incentive to stay focused on the phonics task by offering the ability to add a tooth in Toothy’s mouth for every correct answer.
Digital Toothy® Task Cards are a great option for your students to use as centers, early finishers, morning work, or even Digital Learning Days!
- SHORT A (an, ap, at, ax)
- SHORT E (em, en, et)
- SHORT I (ib, id, in, ip, it, ix)
- SHORT O (ob, od, og, om, op, ot, ox)
- SHORT U (ub, ud, ug, um, un, up, ut)
- SHORT A WORD FAMILIES (ack, all, amp, and, ang, ank, ant, ash, ast)
- SHORT E WORD FAMILIES (eck, ell, end, est)
- SHORT I WORD FAMILIES (ick, il, ing, ink, ish)
- SHORT O WORD FAMILIES (ock, op, ot)
- SHORT U WORD FAMILIES (uck, ump, ung, unk, ush)
- CVCE-LONG A (ace, age, ake, ale, ame, ane, ape, ase, ate, ave)
- CVCE- LONG I (ice, ide, ike, ile, ime, ine, ipe, ire, ite, ive)
- CVCE- LONG O (obe, ode, oke, ole, ome, one, ose, ote)
- CVCE- LONG U (ube, une, ute)
- CVC/CVCE COMPARISONS
- BEGINNING DIGRAPHS (ch, kn, ph, sh, th, wh, wr)
- ENDING DIGRAPHS (ch, ck, nd, ng, nk, sh, th)
- BEGINNING BLENDS: L-BLENDS (bl, sl, pl, gl, fl, cl)
- BEGINNING BLENDS: R-BLENDS (br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr)
- BEGINNING BLENDS: S-BLENDS (sp, sk, sl, sn, sm, sc, st, sw)
- ENDING BLENDS: S-BLENDS (sk, sp, st)
- ENDING BLENDS: R-BLENDS (rd, rf, rk, rl, rm, rn, rp, rt)
- ENDING BLENDS: L-BLENDS (lb, ld, lf, lk, lm, lp, lt)
- ENDING BLENDS: N- AND MP-BLENDS (mp, nt, nd, nk)
- VOWEL TEAMS: Long a (ai, ay)
- VOWEL TEAMS: Long e (ea, ee, ey, ie)
- VOWEL TEAMS: Long i (ie, igh)
- VOWEL TEAMS: Long o (oa, oe)
- VOWEL TEAMS: Long u (ue, ui, ew)
- R-CONTROLLED VOWELS (er, ir, ur, or, ar)
- DIPHTHONGS (au, aw, oi, oy, ou, ow, ew, oo)
- SAME SOUNDS (vowel teams)
- SILENT LETTERS (silent r, l, c, b, d, g, h, k, p, t)
- SOFT C AND SOFT G
- MIXED CVC
- MIXED CVCE
- MIXED BEGINNING BLENDS
- MIXED ENDING BLENDS
- TWO SYLLABLE LONG VOWEL WORDS
- OPEN SYLLABLES
- CLOSED SYLLABLES
- MULTISYLLABIC CVCE WORDS
- FINAL STABLE SYLLABLES
How does the game work?
Students solve 24-26 problems on a digital task card within every skill. Then they choose the answer from three choices. If the answer is correct, a tooth gets placed in Toothy’s mouth. If the answer is not correct, they go back to the problem to solve again.
What kind of devices are compatible with Digital Toothy®?
Digital Toothy® works great with iPads™, laptops, desktops, and Chromebooks™. This file has two digital versions. PowerPoint™ will work on the iPad™ with the free PowerPoint app (no sign-in required). This file is also provided in the form of Google Slides™ for Google Classroom™. We have been told that this can work for Kindles™ through sharing the Google Slides™ link through SeeSaw™ but we haven’t tested this.
Can I check their answers?
We recommend using the recording sheets that are provided if you want to grade this activity. We have also included answer keys for every skill set.
Can more than one student play at the same time?
Yes! One license will provide your entire class to all play these games at the same time.
If I already own a printable Toothy® Bundle, how do I upgrade?
We will keep the cost of the digital bundle low to allow for an affordable additional product if you already own the printable version.
**Please download the preview file for a full explanation of what’s included in this resource.
If you’d prefer to use the printable version of these task cards, we have them for a wide range of grade levels and concepts.
Here are our Digital Toothy Bundles (more coming soon!):
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
Copyright © Lucky Little Learners, LLC.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
If you have any questions about this resource, please contact me at [email protected]