Join All Access as a full member to save to favorites!
Camping in the Classroom | Camp Read a Lot | Camping Theme Activities
Total Pages: 200+
File Size: 284.5 MB
This camping transformation includes a variety of themed activities to support an amazingly fun day of learning! We’ve done the heavy lifting and included everything you need for the camping theme day – from a decoration list to a student completion certificate, and all the fun activities in between!
Need a fun way to end the school year?
Theme days are a fun change from the routine. With this pack, it will be quick and easy to implement with simple prep!
Want motivating skill review activities?
All of the activities are tied to standards and designed with second grade skill review in mind! Students won’t even know they are learning and reviewing because it’s fun!
Looking for an affordable celebration?
Between this pack and a trip to the dollar store, you’ll have an exciting celebration that isn’t rough on your wallet.
CAMPING TRANSFORMATION ACTIVITIES INCLUDED (200+ PAGES):
- Camping warm ups
Read Aloud - A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee
- "What Good Readers Do” anchor chart
- Comprehension questions
- Worksheet options: Spin a verb tense, camper cause & effect, vocabulary crossword, sequencing, story elements organizer, my camping trip writing prompt, multiple meanings word search
- Reading buddy questions
- Write the room camping words
- Build a word
- Camping would you rather exercises
- Outdoor and indoor measurement activities
- Camping addition task cards
- Camp trading post money cards
- Telling time scoot
- Worksheet options - camp graphing
- Animal Tracks activity
- Campsite map skills
- Design your own campsite
- How to writing - make a s’more, set up a tent
- Camp memories prompt
Extras & Management
- Brag tags, snack tag, certificate, bingo
- Reading camp posters, checklist, rules poster, wooden name plates
- Camping decoration idea list, banners
- Firefly behavior
Classroom teachers are already loving this resource!
"We absolutely LOVED Camp Read A Lot. I used the BINGO, math scoot, write around the room, and the ideas for campsites and s'mores. I have loved all of the Lucky Little Learners products I have bought, but this one was AMAZING. My students were engaged and excited for the whole school day. We read over 100 books/ chapters, read with finger flashlights, and wrote about our camp day. All of my students said that it was the best day in 2nd grade :)” - Alexandra R.
I can’t wait to hear how camping day goes with your students! Send me a message after you download and let me know about your special day. Happy teaching!